Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I'm Gonna Be A Runner, And Colorado Gives

Yep. You read that right. I've officially signed up for my first half marathon. It's going to be brutal. But I'm looking forward to the challenge.  Hold me accountable, people!

I'm running the Colorado Half Marathon on May 3, 2015. I appreciate words of encouragement, tips and suggestions, and just any comments you may have about running or training for 13.1 miles!


Also, today is Colorado Gives Day, a wonderful fundraising day for many many many non-profits around Colorado. Even though I do not have much to give, I will be giving today in order to make a difference.

I've listed below a few of the organizations participating in Colorado Gives Day that are near and dear to my heart. But to be honest, you don't have to be from Colorado to give, and you don't have to give to these organizations, but one of the thousands of organizations participating. Do your research, though, and make sure to choose donating to a cause that means something to you.

Geneva Glen Camp- The phenomenal summer camp where I worked for 2 summers while in college. GG is easily the most important non-profit on this list to me, because it showed me that it's ok to be goofy and silly but still learn and teach important morals and internal values such as poise and confidence. Even better is that Geneva Glen has a dollar-for-dollar match program for up to $40,000 in place for Colorado Gives Day. This money will give underprivileged children who cannot normally afford a two-week session at camp the opportunity to go FOR FREE. Give more kids the ability to experience the Magic of the Glen.


Denver Dumb Friends League- An animal rescue shelter, where we have adopted every single pet we have ever owned.


Colorado Therapeutic Riding Center- I have an internship here starting in January. It is the largest equine therapy center in Colorado and helps hundreds of people each year with varying disabilities.

Denver Kids- I worked with Denver Kids for a summer in 2012. Their goal is to cut the drop-out rate in the Denver Public School system.


I hope you will consider donating to something today. Every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment