Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Pharmacy Delivers?!

Yep. You guessed it. I've gotten pretty sick these last few days. It might have been something I ate in San Clemente or it might have been a long time coming. But, long story short, I've been holed up in my bed for the last few days, and yesterday's ambitious trip to class only left me weak and exhausted.

But, in spite of my weakened condition, I learned one thing today: the pharmacy delivers! It's a grand total of 7 blocks from my house to the pharmacy, and as I am in no condition to walk that distance nor did I want to spend the money on a taxi, my host mom informed me that they deliver! That was the greatest news I've had all week. So now I'm just sitting in bed with my gatorade watching The Little Mermaid hoping to get healthier by Friday, if not tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Finally, one of my favorite bloggers does this thing called the Happy List, where whenever she feels down, she publishes a list of 10 things that make her really happy in the moment. So, here's my first...

10 Things That Make Me Happy

1. Thunderstorms
2. The Little Mermaid
3. Hot Chocolate
4. Having my Psych prof look at me when asking about an English term for Broca's Area
5. Saltine Crackers
6.  Making new friends who don't speak English
7. My host sister Sophia sharing birthday cake with me, even when I can't eat much
8. My host brother Fabricio (he's 1) blowing kisses at me. Que coqueto!
9. Country music
10. Not using an English-Spanish dictionary every 5 minutes.

Was that weird? Oh well. It made me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment