Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Aboard the Fantasy- Part 2

So like I mentioned here, working aboard the Fantasy was full of it's ups and downs. But, we did go to some incredible places that I would never get the opportunity to visit ever again. I'm so lucky!


Grand Cayman. We tendered in the Cayman Islands, which means we couldn't dock right alongside the island since the water was too shallow for our ship. So, we dropped anchor just off shore and then we would run smaller boats from our ship to shore in order to get the masses off into port. It was pretty cool, but also sometimes a pain in the butt. 

A rainy day in Cozumel. Cozumel is always a nice port, especially since it has a Starbucks RIGHT INSIDE THE PORT. Perfect. But somehow, I feel like it was ALWAYS raining when we docked there. Hmm..



These three are of St. Thomas, which is probably my favorite port. There's a really cute coffee shop and it has good shopping and pretty nice beaches. 

This is Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. Castaway is always a day of mixed emotions. The ship staff have to work the island, so it's not so much like a real port day since we work like 9-10 hours on Castaway. But, it's so beautiful and so much fun, that how could you not love it?

San Juan. Have I mentioned how much I'm in love with Puerto Rico??



And finally, St. Maarten. I also love this port. It has really good shopping and it really beautiful too. 

Somehow I don't have any pictures of Costa Maya... weird. I'll work on that next contract. But, that's it for now. Off to sleep (have I mentioned that I've been sleeping like 15 hours a day these last few days?). I think my next post will be on the people I've met and worked with for the last 5 months because let's be real, they're the ones that make it worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment