Thursday, August 30, 2012

Growth

So, I'm going to take a little sidetrack from the summer and make an observation...

I'm currently on campus before classes start, and the freshmen just arrived for orientation, and they are so small! Was I ever that small? Here's a picture of me and a friend from freshman fall:


And here's a picture of me and a different friend this summer:


Did I really grow that much? The answer is: yes. I was exactly like these freshmen: young, bright-eyed, and scared of college. But I survived and here I am, getting ready for Senior year. I'm maybe more scared now than I was then (my future? haven't thought about it...) but I'm also more mature and more independent. THAT is what college is about: not classes or clubs, but growth, becoming more responsible and self-reliant. I'm so excited for this year, and ready for what it throws at me. But, even though I have grown a lot, I still have some growing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment