Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Poudre Summer

Ok. This is the last post about Summer, I promise.

Another huge portion of my time this summer was spent up in the Poudre. Threatened by the High Park Fire (terrifying, by the way), I think I finally came to terms with how much this place means to me. I attribute some of my fondest childhood memories to the river and the forts and second breakfasts. How much I love the wall covered with Herb's accomplishments; the kitchen island counter where we have made countless cookies; the haunted bunkhouse. While it was abnormally quiet and eerie up there this summer due to the fire, I did manage to snap a few pictures, just none with humans in it (oops!)

I wish you could see the smoke better. 




Anyways, the cabin is still standing, and so is every other family property, for which I am super thankful and can't imagine life without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment