Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Beginning of the End

Today was my last first day of classes. Weird. It's weird because for the first time in my life, I have nothing planned next. Once I graduate in May, I have no idea what to do. I'm in the process of applying to a few jobs (race car driver? musician? bartender? yeah right...), and considering grad school (maybe?), and trying to figure out where I want to live and what I want to do, and it's terrifyingly exciting.

However, in all of this worry about the future, I need to remind myself to stop and enjoy the 4 months I have left at Colby.

Like, how much I'm going to miss my friends (even though they will obviously come visit me all the time):




Or how much I'm going to miss being on my own schedule with time to go to noontime yoga or a 10:30 jog in the snow. I'm being sappy, I know. I just need to remember to sometimes stop worrying about the future and focus instead on how lucky I am for my present.

Bring it on, second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment