Sunday, February 3, 2013

Solitude

So, yesterday I did something completely out of my comfort zone (sound familiar?)- I spent the day alone. Normally, and I hate to admit this, but I don't doing things alone. I've gotten better about eating in the dining halls by myself and other little things, but yesterday I took a huge step. Yesterday I went out to a sit down lunch and then a movie, 100% alone. And let me tell you, it was LIBERATING. I had so much fun, and it was nice not being dependent on other people's schedules, and to sit where I wanted in the movie theater, and to eat lunch as slowly as I wanted.

So, overall, I would HIGHLY recommend going to lunch and a movie alone. It was an experience, and I'm glad that I did it; I might even do it again. Plus, I got to see a pretty cool movie that I would recommend to anyone:


Bonus, I think Jennifer Lawrence is amazing and I want to be her best friend.

I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend, and I will update you all once spring semester officially begins on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment