Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Real Rodeo

As I mentioned earlier, my summer at TRR was full of horses and fun. Every weekend, we would throw together a little Rodeo and anyone at the ranch could participate. We had barrel racing, keyhole, and flag racing as the horse events, as well as a wheelbarrow race and an egg toss for fun. Anyone (kids to grandparents, staff to guests) could do as many of these events as they wanted, and it was a really fun, really special way to end a great week with our guests. My favorite parts, however, were the wrangler only events where we basically showed off. Now, those of you who know me know that I will do anything to avoid the spotlight and "showing off" is not even remotely in my vocabulary, but I did enjoy these times at the rodeo because we let loose and just had a boat load of fun.

Here are some pictures of the rodeo. I hope you enjoy!

This is the flag race (on a horse named Duke. He's the fastest in the herd!)- you race around one barrel and pick up an orange stick, round the corner of the second barrel and drop the stick into another bucket. The person with the fastest time who can cleanly pick up and drop off the stick wins!

Warming up for one of the wrangler only events with Bueno.

Me and Freckles during the Pony Express Race. One of the wrangler only events, we split into two teams and have to race around a rectangle outlined by these poles. We had to hand off a saddle bag containing "mail" like the real pony express back in the day, and the team that had the fastest time won.

Victory lap after winning the Pony Express. That's me with my hand raised. 


Stacey came up to watch the Rodeo one day.

So did Mom. It was fun having them and showing them around!

Grand Entry on Boonie. 

And that's the rodeo, folks! It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment