Wednesday, November 28, 2012

'Tis The Season

I was feeling a little crafty last weekend so this is what I did:





It's a Christmas Countdown Chain! I have three categories: red is something I love or appreciate (concrete), green is something I love or appreciate (abstract), and blue is a small act of kindness that I have challenged myself to do that day.


These are all of the "items" lined up. 

So, I will cut one off of the chain (they were put into the chain in a random order) each day, as a countdown to Christmas. I'm hoping that it will bring me a little bit of happiness and gratitude in this season that is so marred by consumerism and greed. I'm dorky, I know, but I want this chain to remind me that there are a lot of big, important things that may be forgotten in the stress of finals and end-of-semester drama. 

I'll let you know how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment